Thursday, July 19, 2012

Black and Blue Mojito

Today's post is brought to you courtesy of my iphone. I hadn't planned on posting it on my blog, but I snapped a few photos with my phone, just because it looked so pretty! Then I tasted it and realized: This mojito is too tasty not to share!
Black and Blue Mojito
Makes one serving

Ingredients:
3 blackberries, plus additional for garnish
8 blueberries, plus additional for garnish
4-5 mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
Juice from 1/2 lime
1-2 teaspoons sweetener of your choice (I use Truvia or Agave)
1 1/2 ounces white rum
Club soda
Ice

Directions:
Place the blackberries, blueberries, mint, lime juice, and sweetener in the bottom of a glass. Using a muddler (or handle of a wooden spoon), crush the berries and mint leaves. Pour the rum over the crushed berries. Add your desired amount of ice. Top off the rest of the glass with club soda and stir. Garnish with a few additional berries and mint leaves.
This is the perfect summer cocktail- The fruit is fresh and in-season, and adds a sweet juicy flavor to an every-day mojito!
Summer cocktails are the best.

1 comment: