Monday, July 4, 2011

Three Bean Salad

I am glad we went to Pops in the Park last night to celebrate the fourth of July, because our plans were RAINED OUT tonight! Lilly was dressed for the occasion last night.
We had a good time picnicking!
Today seemed to fly by! When it was dinner time, I was relieved I had chosen a quick salad to throw together- not to mention how tasty it was.
Three Bean Salad

Ingredients
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 ears cooked corn, kernels removed from cob
1 cup sugar snap peas, chopped
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Put all ingredients in a bowl, toss together. Let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Easy, right? Nate even approved and he doesn't like chickpeas. You could easily add any veggies you already have!
I hope your fourth of July plans weren't ruined by the rain! My last picture could've been a photo of fireworks, but since we didn't get to see them, I'll show you our Stargazer Lilies that have finally bloomed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a dress the dog kind of person, but I love how festive the dress looks on Lilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- we had to put this on her for the fourth! It was too perfect!

    ReplyDelete