Friday, June 10, 2011

Bubbles and Goodbyes

Today was the last day of first grade for all my darlings. A very bittersweet day, full of cleaning, packing up, movie watching, bubble blowing, and goodbyes.
Bubble blowing was a big hit!
Parting gifts included a toy for Lilly (which was bought with a first grader's own money), a handmade necklace, and a tissue paper flower. Yes, my favorite gift is the toy for Lilly. 
After lots of hugs goodbye, the teacher's had their own (much needed) version of a bubble blowing party.
This summer, I'm looking forward to more Thursday night's at the Whitewater Center,
wine tasting (actually, wine drinking, who's just tasting?),
more backyard wildlife sightings,

and definitely recipe experimenting and sharing.
Before I know it, it will be time for this again (I swear it comes faster every year).
In the meantime, be on the lookout for more new recipes I hope to be sharing soon! But for now, after this long, exhausting day, I am calling it a night!
Oh, sweet, sweet, summer, you have finally arrived!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I never saw that book either!! Happy Summer Break!!!

    ReplyDelete